Saturday, May 7, 2011

First day of a lot of daylight

So today I have been working on various projects, mostly around the house and some here on the computer. I was up at around 8 this morning, thinking I might have to go into project upward bound's (where I work) ited testing session, but I found out that they had enough staff to supervise the testing, so I did not have to go. Since I pretty much saw the sunrise, I figured, why not stay with it the whole day? When you live in a subdivision, taking a nap on a Saturday afternoon in the summer doesn't happen at all. There are noises everywhere, and its usually lawnmowers. Not that that is a bad thing. I actually really like the fact that people are keeping their houses and lawns up. This is good for the economy and good for our property values. The continuous hum of the mowers did serve as a sort of drum beat for my working on certain projects today. Stunningly, I have accomplished a lot in the last six hours, considering that I did not get a lot of sleep due to an overzealous skunk who probably got into some kind of a conflict with some other animal and decided to let us all know that summer is here with a midnight dose of natural built in skunk defense spray-odor. The aroma waifed its way from the deck area to the house and eventually to where I was sleeping. I agonzied as I tossed and turned, trying not to think about that nasty burnt rubber smell, so indicative a skunk in the springtime, that kept hovering around every square inch of the house and lawn. So today I will continue to work on the computer and use my flameless candle burner in an attempt to put things a right in the world of appropriate aroma. So in the last six hours I was able to do three loads of laundry, clean the bathroom, and work on the computer. I credit this industriousness with the increase in daylight and the fact that it's simply a beautiful day. Also, there are people (due to the weather) out and about everywhere, so as a natural human who has that sheep-like nature, I just do what everybody else is doing on a day like today:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.