Last night it snowed a good inch or two. Melted today though. Dad gave the official announcement of his impending retirement to his co-workers. They were all happy for him as he announced that he is moving on to a new phase of life after 39 years of being employed at the same place. They are going to have two parties for the people who are retiring this year.
I find myself in the same phase...sort of. Not having anything to do with retirement (that is a long way off for me, Lol) but in the sense that hopefully I can find full time work. I will definitely keep my writing center job, and continue to take classes, but like all of us, I dream of things that I can do to my house and the bills I could pay if more income found its way to me.
And who knows where I will be in five years. People often ask that question about where do you see yourself in five years, and I have my ideas, but I am so skeptical about whether my dreams will come true. Life and I are sometimes at odds with each other. Life has thrown me so many curve balls, which sometimes I was able hit and sometimes I wasn't. But were marching on, and that is a good thing. We have to keep moving. I recall traveling to the Holy Land and seeing the two seas that were polar opposites of each other. The dead sea never moves. It doesn't march on so to speak. However, Lake Genesaret, also known as the sea of Galilee, is one of the most interesting and beautiful lakes where plenty of fish abide. There is life there because this sea moves and the other one doesn't. I hope my life is like the sea of Galilee, to walk with my lord by the waters that teem with life, that I suppose is my perpetual goal.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.